Thursday, January 30, 2014

A dab here, a dab there...

So, I've been giving my first army, the Blood Angels, a little love. Mostly I'm looking at the good old mechanized elements. Here's how they're looking...




Still get the feeling there's more to do, but can't motivate myself to do much more really. Right now, I just want to inflict this list:

Tycho (sane)
Librarian with plasma pistol
5 Sternguard with 2 combimeltas, 2 combiplasmas and 1 heavy flamer
Land Raider Redeemer with multimelta
5 Assault Marines with meltagun and infernus pistol in a Lasplas Razorback
5 Assault Marines with meltagun and infernus pistol in a Lasplas Razorback
5 Assault Marines with flamer and infernus pistol in a Lasplas Razorback
Stormraven with hurricane bolters
Baal Predator with twin-linked assault cannon and heavy bolter sponsons
Baal Predator with twin-linked assault cannon and heavy bolter sponsons

1,750 pts precisely. If this doesn't do anything for me, I've a Death Company version, with the Sternguard and Librarian replaced with Death Company and a Chaplain. Suffice it to say, Tycho gets replaced with psycho Tycho.

Anyway, on the face of it, I think the list looks like fun to use. Lotsa plasma and melta and assault cannon death and maiming, with no marine having to walk. And, in true Tycho fashion, the list is brutally direct. No deep striking, no need for jump infantry, just a vicious, fast, armoured assault. It's fluffy, it's painted with love and it's full of some of the nastiest things in the Blood Angel codex. I must test this...

No comments:

Post a Comment