Friday, August 19, 2011

WIP: Chaos Biker Lord

After assembling the lovely plastic Daemon Prince, I found myself with a couple of bits spare, most notably these:


And of course a conveniently narrow daemon prince head. And with bits leftover from the Possessed Marines (which, I understand, are a terrible waste of points) I found myself happily clipping and filing and glueing until I came up with this:

Bits from: 1 - Daemon Prince, 2 - Possessed Marine, 3 - Chaos Rhino

No green stuff was used. Here's where the cut was made to fit the daemonic exhausts:


Suffice it to say, when putting him together, I'd decided that at a glance, everything about this guy must say that he's the boss and getting charged by him is DOOM. CSM being what they are, I went with a very simple aesthetic: More spikes = more badass. Observe:

L to R: Difficult terrain just got more difficult, Fist of DOOM, meh.

And of course, paintjob-wise, the boss gets the most love as well. Given that the army is entirely Black Legion, except for the Berzerkers, there was only so much I could do in terms of overall colour scheme. I mean, black with gold trim - what could I do, make the black bits blacker? Some swish artists can, I suppose. I can't, so I went with the next best thing, which is daub a couple of fiery runes on any suitably flat surface I could find...

The last thing any poor sucker who gets charged by him sees...


Well, I didn't have the imagination to come up with my own runes. On the bike, the ones on the left are randomly picked from the Warriors of Chaos WFB Army Book. The ones on the left, known affectionately on certain parts of the internet as Moon Runes, is simply Japanese katakana. Roughly translated: "Get the **** out of my way! A Great Devil approaches!" The left shoulder pad is simply more Japanese (or Chinese, if you like). It simply says "demon", a manifestation of the Lord's insecurity over his bike being closer to daemonic ascension than he is...

The runes were done quite simply with Blazing Orange. Then I went over them again with Golden Yellow. I'm fairly pleased with how the writing on the shoulder pad turned out, and I'll quite likely be using it on other elements in my army. Not the same word, of course, but maybe a couple of random words and phrases that fit the mood of a CSM army, like: 悪魔、殺せ、倒せ、ぶっ殺すぞ and so on and so forth.

So what next for the Biker Lord? I'll probably do something to the exhausts. Maybe deepen the red, or do a little blending or some such. And maybe see if I can fit a few more runes in there somewhere. Until then, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the next game isn't the one where he stabs himself with his daemon weapon...

No comments:

Post a Comment