Friday, August 12, 2011

Grey Knights!

First of all, let me say that I don't seriously play Grey Knights. I just built this teeny tiny army because I totally fell in love with the fluff for Grey Knights aeons ago, back in the days of 1st edition Space Hulk, Rogue Trader and 1,200pts for a squad of 5 unspeakably ugly Grey Knight Terminators.

See?

To cut a long story short, I've been waiting YEARS for nice, PLASTIC Grey Knights, and they're finally here! So, this post isn't so much a serious gaming post about an army as much as it is a gallery of some WIP Grey Knights I've cobbled together.

So, here's the guy proxying as my Draigo, until I get my grubby paws on one:


And a closer look at the right-hand sword:


I'm fairly pleased with how the force weapons turned out, because it's a really quick and easy technique:
1) Coat the blade in Mithril Silver.
2) Wash with Asurmen Blue, taking care to avoid the edges where you want the Mithril Silver to show.
3) Wash again, this time about half a cm further down from the tip of the blade.
4) Repeat step 3 as necessary.

The back banner is my first time freehanding. I might take another shot at it at some point. There's a fair amount of drilling and pinning among my Grey Knights. I LIKE double weapons, especially double ended weapons. Here's my Brotherhood Chamion:

DOUBLE double ended falchions, bwahaha!
A look at the right blade:

And the left:


More double-ended joy...


And one more, cue that music from the scene where Darth Maul does his thing...


And something a little different, a Nemesis Force Seriously Big Spear, shown alongside a halberd for comparison:


Of course, I use these conversions to count as master-crafted weapons.

As with almost every miniature in my possession, each of the Grey Knights need a little more love before I can varnish them once and for all. Will post pics when that happens. And maybe one day, we might concievably see a coherent army list for my Grey Knights...

No comments:

Post a Comment