Thursday, March 27, 2014

Taurox! How about NO...

Well, the pics and the rules have been doing the rounds on the Internet, and frankly, I'm far from impressed. It just looks to me like the Taurox simply doesn't add anything to the Imperial Guard, excuse me, the Astra Militarum, at all.


Nice model, though. That said, in terms of what it costs in real world money and hobby time versus the tabletop benefits, it's really nothing to shout about. Compared to the trusty Chimera, it has fewer fire points and weaker armour. The Taurox Prime is significantly better, boasting superior speed, weaponry and ballistic skill, but... soddit, I think I've got better things to do with my money.


Oh, yes, please! Well, maybe. I've always loved the fluff for Stormtroopers, but felt they weren't cost-effective enough to stick in a list. Also, there had never been suitable plastic Stormtroopers, until these guys came along. Looking at the rules for Scions, I'm honestly not convinced they warrant a squad in my army. Yet.

So, long story short, the new models are nice, but rules-wise, they simply don't add anything to the Astra Militarum (that I'm willing to invest time and money on). I will wait and see what Codex: Astra Militarum brings. For now, I'm holding on to my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment