Sunday, August 26, 2012

Updates on the 40k Front...

... because really, with all this Warmachine I've got going on, I haven't been neglecting 40k completely. Here's what I've been up to on 6' x 4' tables with 6th ed...


The Necrons march again! 
6th edition has been exceedingly kind to my Necron army. With the new rules on rapid fire weapons, my army no longer has to waste points on a Phaeron upgrade to make the 20 Warrior blob suitably lethal. The new vehicle rules made massed gauss weapons far more effective than ever against vehicles, and between my Warriors and Ghost Arks, I have pretty much all the killing power I need. Swarms on the other hand are, if anything, more squishy than before, so I chucked out my Scarab Swarms in favour of Wraiths and man, they've been a blast to use.

I'm getting really bored of drawing little green lines...


I field 6 Wraiths, 2 plain, 2 with whip coils and 2 with particle popguns. They're fast, stupidly resilient and S6 rending attacks means they'll shred pretty much any vehicle they charge, and can even be counted on to brutalize or at least tarpit most Death Star units. I'll probably do a post later on my current list after a few more games. So far, the Crimson King is doing pretty well...

The Blood Angels dither...
I've been kind of slack with my Blood Angels of late. I really shouldn't, but 6th ed has been quite a kick in the teeth for the Descent of Angels army, seeing as I must have at least half my units on the board. As for my mechanized list, well, I'm still trying to piece something together that'll hit suitably hard.

The Imperial Guard wait...
I've still a big honking pile of tanks waiting to be assembled and painted. I'm thinking it'll be good to put together a small contingent to ally with my Blood Angels and provide some nice Leman Russ and Vendetta support.

Chaos stirs...
6th ed weighs heavily upon my shoulders... Mind you, I mean this in the most literal sense of the word - that rulebook weighs a tonne! It's beautiful and everything but man, I need something lighter! I mean, look at this!

Clockwise from top: Haruka, my dear cat; Warmachine Prime Mk II; 6th ed 40k; wee Warmachine Prime MK II; iPad with War Room installed
The 6th ed tome weighs more than my cat. Not kidding. This brings me to the business of CHAOS. 5th ed has not been kind to Chaos. I don't think I've recorded any batreps of my outings with my Chaos Marines, but every time my spikey bikey Lord has gone forth to battle, it was a struggle to even stay on the table. So you can imagine how chuffed I was to find that the new 6th ed starter box is on its way, packed to bursting with awesome new minis and... a teeny tiny rulebook! Want. Definitely want. Just look at the sheer awesome of the Chosen models! So, yeah, all hobby spending has ceased in anticipation of Dark Vengeance.

So, that's how it's looking for now. Will try to update more regularly...

1 comment:

  1. Can try a IG - BA army... IG with Leman Russ and Vendetta with allied BA with Storm Raven and Termie or Furioso Dreadie..

    Altenatively.. Shooty Terminator BA with Terminator Sanguine Priest is also nice. 5+ FNP on everything except ID..

    ReplyDelete