Monday, July 30, 2012

WIP: Moar Warmachine!

Been a while since my last post. Here's what's been going on...



 I've been getting in quite a few games at 35 pts and basically getting a firmer grip on the game's mechanics and how my Butcher works against various different casters, notably Vayl, Deneghra and Asphixious. I got shredded in various interesting ways and truth be told, it's been a blast, especially when I started getting my first couple of victories.

Those of you who know me would know I'm not much for playing to win and more about the fun of the game. I'd been using the Butcher for a couple of months and I was BORED, and though I've got a perfectly good Sorscha waiting, I wanted to try another caster whom I could just switch out and essentially get a completely different army yet using more or less the same units. So here he is...

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks he kinda looks like M Bison...
I opted for the older model because, frankly, I loathe handling metal models and I wanted one as simple to handle as possible, with minimal parts to glue or pin, and few protruding parts. That pretty much tells you why I'm staying away from such units as Doom Reavers and Iron Fangs, despite what good things I keep hearing about how awesome the latter are under Irusk.

One jack I'd been itching to try out is the Kodiak. Thing is, I don't like the look of the model much. Plus, it's metal. Yuk. So I figured I'd dig around for bits to put together a plastic jack with 2 open fists and paint it up in a more Kodiak-like fashion. I mean, really, apart from the fists, head, spikey bits and engine, there's not much difference, is there?

Game-wise, there's much to be said for an ARM 20 jack stomping around with Pathfinder, with big smashing fists to pummel stuff or chuck it aside. And on top of that, it has the option of blasting anything too slippery for its fists with POW 12 steam! Full of win, I say. I had to have one!

So, I found a Khador jack from Grind which happen to be more or less the right size and shape...


Painted it up and added some leftover claws from my Canoptek Wraiths... 


And there you have it. My happy little Kodiak. Still got to dab a little more paint on here and there but he's more or less done.  40k players may find that font and claw design on the body to be a bit familiar - it's from the Space Wolf decals. Transfers. Whatever. In any case, I gave it a try and I like how they look on Khador jacks. I might stick on a few more on the leg plates when I get round to it. Here's some pics of my other jacks with the decals on:


This Destroyer is one of the rare times I've glued a jack's arms in permanently, coz it's just one of those jacks every Khador player's gotta have!


This Juggernaut is an omnijack, waiting to be turned into a Marauder, Destroyer or Decimator at any time... 


This Berserker will always have a special  place in my heart for killing my opponent's Sorscha by blowing up. And I'd only spent 1 focus on him, too!

Still on Khador, I've also gotten my grubby paws on a Drakhun. It's the first time I've painted a horse, so I'll be taking my time on this. On the table, it's an excellent beast, armoured like a jack, fast as hell (compared to the rest of my army, at any rate) and hits hard. Even the horse kicks in melee at POW 14. I was advised to just put this in my army and don't be shy with him, because he will definitely hurt someone. As yet, I'm not disappointed.


Meanwhile, Kreoss awaits reinforcements... 


And that's it from me. Stay tuned and maybe I'll get that Drakhun finished...

No comments:

Post a Comment