Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Butcher of Khardov marches...

... and all who march with him are painted!


... except for Kovnik Joe. There some bits of him that I've yet to decide how to paint, i.e. his gauntlets, cuffs, pauldrons, and weapons. I mentioned this list in the previous post, together with the breakdown of what does what, so I won't bore you by repeating myself. What I will say is that this list is fun, flexible and kicks HARD. And now it's just about tabletop ready, it's a joy to send into battle; 26 models of satisfying Warmachining fun. :-)

In other news, I've just gotten in my first game of 6th ed 40k, fielding Necrons against Chaos Space Marines at 1,000 pts. I think I like it! Of course, that's easy for me to say, when I have one unit which can roll 40 dice of BS4 gauss weapons and put pretty much any vehicle out of commission... I'll have a couple more games at 1750 pts and see how my Necrons fare. My Necron list is more or less identical to the one I've always used, with a small change: The Phaeron upgrade is now out, Sempiternal Weave is in. Woe betide the poor fool who engages my Overlord in a challenge alone! If the Mindshackle Scarabs don't get you, the Phase Shifter will keep the Overlord alive to deliver 3 attacks with the mighty Warscythe. Meanwhile, the Cryptek watching from the sidelines gives him a reroll, thanks to the Chronometron, and the moral support from the 20 Warriors gives another 4! This was used to devastating effect in a game last night where a winged Daemon Prince hurled himself at my Crimson King...

Anyway, that's it from me. Stay tuned and we'll see if we can't make a batrep happen...


No comments:

Post a Comment