Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WIP: Chaos, Vindicator, Defiler, Rhino, etc...

Bwahaha! Big honking pile of plastic crack arrived on Friday, which, after a little work, will mean my army stands at this 1750pt bundlle of joy:

HQ
Daemon Prince with wings and Warptime, 155pts
Chaos Lord of bike, with Mark of Khorne, Daemon Weapon and meltabombs, 175pts

Troops
10 Chaos Marines, with 2 meltaguns, Aspiring champion with powerfist and Rhino with Havoc Launcher, 260pts
10 Chaos Marines, with 2 meltaguns, Aspiring champion with powerfist and Rhino with Havoc Launcher, 260pts
8 Khorne Berzerkers, with 2 plasma pistols, Skull Champion with powerfist and Rhino, 273pts

Fast attack
7 Chaos Bikers with 2 meltaguns, Icon of Khorne, Biker Champion with powerfist and meltabombs, 326pts

Heavy support
Chaos Vindicator with Daemonic Possession, 145pts
Defiler with Havoc launcher, 155pts

Total: 1749pts

Anyway, some pics are in order I suppose:


From left to right, what you're seeing is 6 Chaos marines with Bolters, 1 with a meltagun, 2 Aspiring Champions with Powerfists, 1 Rhino with a Havoc Launcher and a Chaos Vindicator. Those 6 marines with bolters are actually these guys. I love 'em. They're just great for bulking out those CSM squads, letting me use the more detailed models for things like special weapons, icon bearers and Aspiring Champions. For the moment, I've got 2 full squads of CSMs, but I'm pretty much all set to expand with perhaps another 2 full squads.

My Aspiring Champions all use big freaky mutated arms from the Possessed Marines sprue. I figure they look a good deal more warped and Chaos-y. Besides, the Possessed came with the Battleforce, and seriously, I have no reason to actually field Possessed Marines...

I try to fit the Rhinos with Havoc Launchers when I can. In my first game (with quite a bit of proxying) using this list, they were a huge help, especially with 48" range and just enough shebang to seriously maul toughness 3 critters.

The Vindicator just had to have Daemonic Possession. When you're chucking out bigass blast markers, BS3 is not a problem, and it's a very small price to pay compared to the ability to ignore Stunned and Shaken results.

Anyway, here's one more pic, before I go and make some grey plastic black:


DEFFY!! Ah, I can't wait to stomp around the table with this baby... Of course, all those lovely big, flat panels of armour will be covered in script of some sort, all in good time. First, there's spraying to be done! Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment