Thursday, April 17, 2014

Let's see them take ALL of us!


 'It has already been calculated that you cannot win this war. The Emperor's most glorious triumph will not be achieved in your lifetimes.'


'But for every second you stand against the enemy's guns, you deplete his resources. You make him weaker. Your lives may be worthless, but you can sell them dearly.'


'This, then, is your objective. It is your duty and your destiny: die bravely, die hard, and know that even the meagre sacrifice you make will be noted and weighed against your ancestors' heresies.'
- from Down Amongst the Dead Men, by Steve Lyons


Felt compelled to put together at least one squad of Conscripts. It needs more bodies. And a suitable character to lead them. I'm kinda of torn between a Priest or a Commissar. The Priest, with the Zealot USR, can obviously give this mob some hitting power... but a Commissar just looks awesome. I love the new plastic model and just can't wait to put him on the board.

Also, here's the guy who's playing my Officer of the Fleet:


I have to admit, he kinda looks more like a policeman. I just wanted a colour scheme that made him really stand out from the rest of the Red Thunder. And just for fun, I painted some checks on his pauldron, just to try out a technique I read off a White Dwarf many, many years ago. I know he doesn't quite look as impressive as the official Officer of the Fleet, but I figured the Imperial Navy wouldn't be so stupid as to send a representative who wasn't, you know, expendable, into a battlefield with the poor bloody infantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment