Thursday, January 24, 2013

What's on the workbench?

With the recent arrival of a monstrous pile of plastic crack, I've been struggling to get my hobbying organized. For the moment here's what's going on...

Warmachine-wise, I'm still keeping Menoth to one side. 2 recent acquisitions have just about completed my Khador army. As I'm typing this, I'm waiting for the glue to dry so I can get spraying:
 

That's right, a Devastator and a Spriggan. Because ARM 25 is fun, as is a jack that makes a mockery of Stealth and has a nice big lance with Reach.

I usually spray, then paint the arms separately. In the case of the Juggernaut/Destroyer/Marauder, there's the added bonus of being able to switch out the arms and have an omnijack. The Devastator/Demolisher/Spriggan kit, however, doesn't quite lend itself so well to that, and while it's possible to do so with a little ingenuity, steady hands and patience, I am in short supply of all three and have decided to just stick with a Devastator and Spriggan.


Meanwhile, in the happy worlds of the grimdark future, the Necrons march, with air support! Here's a Doom Scythe.


And here's a somewhat painted version. 


The paintjob is a lot more simple than it looks.

1) The metal bits were done first, and are simply the result of drybrushing with Leadbelcher. Any bits which I didn't want to be metallic were touched up with Abaddon Black.
2) The rest of the body is simple in theory, but horribly tedious in execution. Just paint every edge with Warboss Green, then go over the corners again with Scorpion Green.

Step two is something of an ongoing work in progress for the bulk of my Necron army. There are 2 Ghost Arks, 2 Annihilation Barges, 6 Wraiths and, of course, the 2 Night Scythes awaiting this treatment and man, it is stupidly boring... Still, I like the result. It's going to take a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment