Friday, August 29, 2014

WIP: Sengoku Astray

Still churning out Gunpla, seeing as:

  1. I've a bit of a wait until the Blood Angels receive their new codex;
  2. Even after the new codex comes out, there's no guarantee (really!) that I'll find myself investing in moar plastic crack; and 
  3. I've just gotten involved in a group that uses the Mobile Frame Zero rules to put Gunpla on the battlefield, thus cementing the relationship between Gunpla and my love of tabletop wargaming.
So, here's the box art of the current project:


Here's how it looks in naked plastic:


Suffice it to say, I can't be having with this naked plastic nonsense. It's quite a mystery to me how Gunpla enthusiasts tolerate it, but different strokes for different folks, I guess. So, not long after I finished getting it to that stage, I took my Sengoku Astry apart...


Those sticks are pure awesome-sauce. Wish I'd gotten my hands on them sooner! I sprayed first in Krylon Flat Black, then Army Painter Pure Red, reasoning that with Ceramite White, it shouldn't be too hard to get back from red to a solid white, rather than vice versa. Besides, it would be easier to highlight the red with a gentle drybrushing with orange and yellow first.

Things have been a bit busy at work, so the pace is pretty slow. I spent a little time focusing on just the head...


The most tedious bit is the white. Ceramite White is awesome and all, but it still means having to apply layer upon layer of the stuff. Here's my progress at the time of writing.


Will post more pics as I make more progress. Here's hoping I can put together a team of 5 before the year's out!

No comments:

Post a Comment