Monday, September 30, 2013

Sternguard done!

Well, mostly. Here they are:


And here's a closer look at the sarge... 


It was a bit of a pain trying to persuade those arms to aim in the same direction, but I think I've more or less achieved the desired effect. Of course, on the battlefield, I'm going to have that plasma pistol count as something else, say, a power sword.

Also, after some thought, I've decided this is the list I'd like to try out:

Librarian
Furioso dreadnought with frag cannon and heavy flamer in a Drop Pod
10 Sternguard with 2 heavy flamers, 8 combiweapons (3 melta, 3 plasma, 2 flamer) and a power weapon
2 x 5-man Assault squads with an Infernus Pistol and a meltagun in a Razorback with Lascannon & twin-linked plasmagun
5 Scouts with sniper rifles, camo cloaks and a missile launcher
3 x Stormraven Gunships with Hurricane bolters

Just a couple of minor tweaks from the previous version. The Furioso can switch out with a combat squad of Sternguard as necessary. The idea is basically to drop a troublemaker unit to shake things up while the Razorbacks advance. In Turn 2, the Razorbacks and an estimated 2 Stormravens will come in and converge to brutalize a target with some silly amount of firepower. If possible, the Assault Squads can jump out to either add their firepower or start threatening objectives.

Man, I'm itching to try this out...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! These space marines are beautifully painted. Added you to my blog roll if it's ok with you. ^_^ I haven't painted GW in a long while and should get back into it. Currently most of my projects are non-GW as you can see on my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I do try a little harder with my Blood Angels :-)

      Delete