Sunday, September 8, 2013

Gaaaahplastic crack overdose!!

Sooo, a lovely new FLGS with exceedingly attractive prices opened veeery conveniently not 2 minutes walk from where I work. And the lovely new Codex Space Marines has finally turned up!

The majesty... 

After nearly 5 years of faithful service, the old 5th ed Space Marine Codex is making way for the lovely bundle of 176-page hardback awesome that will breathe new life into the good old Space Marine and his trusty bolter. Or will it? Whatever the case may be, the Blood Angels are coming back!


Blood Angels

So, I've been wracking my brains looking for a different way to field my Blood Angels, and found inspiration when, lo and behold, the lovely new plastic Sternguard! Joy, joy... I have to say, the moment I saw the sprues, I had to have them. Just look at them! An insane number of bits there. 2 of each combi-weapon, 1 of each special basic weapon, lotsa fancy bolters and oho! A heavy flamer! Me likey... So, I decided it was time to bulk out my Sternguard squad to a nice 10 marines. I like Sternguard and their awesome kill-damn-near-anything bolters. Here's a couple of them I'm working on now...

2 combi-flamers and a heavy flamer. Note I'm only using the weapons, to maintain the look of my Sternguard. 
Still pondering how to kit out the Sternguard Sergeant...

The idea is to field a full squad of 10, then split them into 2 combat squads. One to erase troublesome infantry - 2 flamer and 2 heavy flamer shots will do quite nicely; and another to nuke vehicles and/or heavy infantry, so 2 combimeltas and 3 combiplasmas (or vice versa, depending on my mood). Since a Librarian will be with them, even better, coz Blood Angels looove Prescience.

I'll discuss my idea for an army list in a later post. Stay tuned for more Blood Angel mechanized goodness.   For now, I'd also like to point out I've also got plans for mildly tweaking my list to make it compatible with the new Codex. Why? Because since the success of my Black Legion list, I really, really want to see the humble Tactical Marine make a comeback. Especially since these guys are so cheap...


Oh, and by the way...

Imperial Guard

After a very long break, coz I hate using proxies, I finally got the last 3 tanks I needed to complete the Red Thunder armoured battlegroup. Now I've gotta find time to paint them....




No comments:

Post a Comment