Sunday, August 18, 2013

Man, Helldrakes are tedious...

Progress is slow, but it's still progress... I'm finally getting round to painting up my Helldrake. Started by spraying it black, then a band of Krylon Burgundy around the middle, followed by Army Painter Pure Red around the head and front tips of the wings. Why? Well, apart from the fact that I like red, there are just way too many black Helldrakes in my FLGS! So, here's how it's looking...

First stage of real painting: Blacking out everything that's not going to be red. I also dulled the red a bit with a wash of Carroburg Crimson. 

The tedious bit: Lots and lots and lots of gold banding... 

A closer look at the head. I put a little more effort into the business end of the drake, with a bit of brass to break the monotony of painting gold for hours and hours...  

No comments:

Post a Comment