Tuesday, February 4, 2014

How to do simple basing, Part 2 of 2

So, last post, I explained how to base with sand. This post, I show you how to paint it. So, continuing from before...

Step 5: Spray! Well, that's how I get my painting done. Fortunately, I'm in the middle of a big project for my Blood Angels, so I've lotsa models to choose from...


This here is how a Tactical Marine looks after spraying with Mephiston Red. Then I gave him a quick coat of Blood Red on the armour plates.

Step 6: Coat the base in Mournfang Brown. Don't forget to thin your paints!


Step 7: Drybrush with Screaming Skull. I recommend using a nice, cheap flatheaded brush, like the ones you can still find at Daiso. Don't forget to clean up the edges after you're done.


Step 8: Static grass! Dab a little PVA glue where necessary, then apply static grass or flock with a pair of tweezers. As with the sand, tilt the model and tap away the excess and your base is more or less done!


Suffice it to say, there's no shortage of stuff out there for you to glue onto bases to give them a little more character. I for one like to paint up and glue the severed heads of vanquished armies on the bases of Warlords and MVPs.


1 comment: